To request a look up from the following reference books these guidelines must be followed:
- Limit your request to ONE name.
- Put MERCER COUNTY ILLINOIS LOOKUP in the subject line of your request.
- Put the name of the resource you are requesting the lookup in on the first line of the e-mail.
- E-mail your request to the volunteer listed with the book.
COPYRIGHT: The USGenWeb Official Policy USGenWeb will not tolerate any copyright violations.
Look up requests should be limited to one name, or perhaps two if it is a married couple. Information given will be minimal, for example if it is a cemetery lookup, the information will be the name of the cemetery and the dates on the headstone. Please do not ask for "everybody with X surname" or an entire family group, or for hard copies to be mailed; the volunteers have been asked not to comply with such requests. Our lookups will extend to searching the book to determine if the book would be helpful to you in your research. Should the book prove useful, we can provide the authors address and ordering information. The USGenWeb Project will endeavor to get a WRITTEN statement from each copyright holder which stipulates which books may be used for lookups.
If you see a book listed for lookups that you hold the copyright to and do not want it used, please notify the county coordinator and it will be removed. Please be sure to thank the volunteer for their time.
- Lois has walked the Peniel Cemetery in Millersburg Township, and will do lookups for those that are searching for their ancestors.
- Miscellaneous other Mercer Resources from Lois:
--Mercer Remembers 1985 - we do have an excerpt from it about New Boston published in the Times Record April 2, 1997 which we included in our history of New Boston - Part 1 - History.
--1918 Prairie Farmer's Directory of Mercer and Rock Island County Illinois
--Official Directory of Mercer Co, Il 1935 printed by Times Record Co, Aledo Il
--1967-68 Mercer County School Directory
- Pioneer⁄Swedona West Cemetery, MCGHS - Located - section 23, Richland Grove twp.
- Cemetery Records of Mercer County, Ill", Vol 1-8, Illinois Society of the Daughters of the
American Revolution, 1962-1968
- Mercer County 1850 Census with index, MCGHS*.
- Mercer County 1860 Census transcribed by Eulalia Garrett*
Bill A. Bertrand
- Mercer County 1900
- Mercer County 1870
- Mercer County 1860
- 1910 Illinois Census Index
- Mercer County 1830-1930
Crystal McDonald Wendt
- 1935 Official Directory of Mercer County, Illinois, Printed by The Times of Record Co., Aledo, Illinois. Copyrighted by Clarence C. Thomas
History and Atlases
- History of Mercer County, 1882 Reprint, MCGHS*
Bill A. Bertrand
- 1882 Mercer County History
- History and Platt Books of Mercer County
General Look Ups and Information
- I am willing to do a limited amount of research, without charge, per the GenWeb policy. For easy "lookups" within our museum on one or two people, I do not charge. If a person's request is such that I would charge for the work, I always notify them of that and explain what I could do for them without charge. It is up to the researcher to decide whether to proceed or not. I have been listed for many years on the Pulaski Co KY GenWeb site, assisting in census research.